The Rogue Valley Winegrowers Association (RVWA) will present an “Operating a Successful Tasting Room” seminar on Tues., March 6, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., at the OSU/Jackson County Extension Service Auditorium, 569 Hanley Rd., in Central Point. The session is designed for people who own or work in a tasting room and those thinking about starting or re-designing one.
Speaker Craig Root of St. Helena, Calif., has more than 30 years of experience working with wine tasting rooms, first as a successful manager then for the past 17 years as a consultant. In his consulting practice, Root has helped to create 60+ new tasting rooms and 100 wine clubs throughout North America. Also, he has analyzed, advised and improved dozens of current operations.
Root will cover these topics and more:
• Wine tasting room design, effective management and operation
• The links between customer service and profitable sales
• Secrets of wine club success
• Acquisition, display and sales of non-wine items
• Avoiding theft and dealing with difficult situations in the tasting room
Seating is limited to 50 and registration deadline is February 15. Cost for the seminar, which includes lunch, is $40 for current RVWA members and $50 for non-members. For more information or to register, contact Marilyn Hawkins at (541) 552-9922 or [email protected].